Tuesday, May 19, 2009
One HOT Mother's Day!
My wonderful husband made Mother's Day special once again. Just a recap for those who didn't already know, for Mother's Day the past 2 years Ben has taken me to the Rhododendron gardens in Portland to see all the beautiful flowers in bloom. This is something I have requested because I enjoy spring time so much.
Well as you all know we no longer live in Portland and since traveling there for Mother's Day was out of the question Ben decided to take me and my Mom (who lives in Phoenix now) to the Desert Botanical garden in Phoenix. I was thrilled to go since I have never seen a saguaro in bloom. Much to my surprise the Garden has seasonal exhibits and they had Chihuly: The Nature of Glass on display. It was utterly fascinating to see all his handblown glass!
On the nature side we saw some pretty interesting things- lizards that would walk right up to you, squirrels, pigeons that wouldn't fly away when you came up to them, turtles and we even went into the butterfly pavilion. I'm not going to say it wasn't a HOT one but we went early enough to miss the extream heat!
I couldn't think of a better way to celebrate Mother's Day... thank you Ben for showing me the real beauty of this day and making my life full of richness, I love being a Mommy to our children and I love you more than words can possibly say!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
How fun. I love your header picture. That is so cool.
What a sweet hubby! All that blown glass is so awesome!
One HOT Mother's Day for one HOT Mama!! Sorry, I couldn't resist! I'm looking forward to seeing you and your cute kids soon.
Post a Comment